Friday, May 25, 2012

Conjugating verbs

Today was our second Spanish class. We are taking lesson for 1.5 hours Monday through Friday from a wonderful native Spanish speaker named Loli. I did not eat chips in class today like someone who was sitting beside me. For everyone who knows Wally you can celebrate the fact someone called him out on his sometimes 'relaxed' views on eating.
Anyway, I was instantly transported to eighth grade Spanish class with Mrs. Eaton when we started conjugating verbs in the present tense. Mrs. Eaton tried to tell me how important conjugating verbs was going to be for my future. Little did I know that 20 years later I would be sitting in a classroom in Spain again conjugating verbs. Learning Spanish at 36 years old is a daunting task, but I keep telling myself it is an attainable goal. If nothing else the next time I am in Stigler I hope to see Mrs. Eaton and tell her she was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment